12 Pieces of Pork Democrats Are Trying To Cram Into Stimulus Bill
The Democrats just can’t resist trying to seize an opportunity when they could use a bad situation.
Democrats are preventing Americans from receiving help because they want to push their agenda with stupid items that have nothing to do with the coronavirus.
Sen. Tom Cotton brought to light some of the things that the Democrats have been working at pushing into the stimulus bill that has absolutely nothing to do with helping Americans right now at the time that they need it the most.
- Corporate pay statistics by race and race statistics for all corporate boards at companies receiving assistance.
- Bailing out all current debt of postal service
- Required early voting
- Required same-day voter registration
- 10k bailout for student loans
- For companies accepting assistance, 1/3 of board members must be chosen by workers
- Provisions on official time for union collective bargaining
- Full offset of airline emissions by 2025
- Greenhouse gas statistics for individual flights
- Retirement plans for community newspaper employees
- $15 minimum wage at companies receiving assistance
- Permanent paid leave at companies receiving assistance
One of the most troublesome things they’re trying to insert into the bill is a measure that allows ballot harvesting.
“Ballot harvesting” is political jargon for a practice in which organized workers or volunteers collect absentee ballots from certain voters and drop them off at a polling place or election office. Coined by California Republicans, the term carries a negative connotation to suggest improprieties and even election fraud. The conservative site Townhall.com called it the California Democrats’ “latest election-stealing tool.” The San Francisco Chronicle Editorial Board took a different view, calling it “a sinister-sounding way of saying their opponents turned out more votes than they did” in one recent editorial.
Todd Starnes pointed out another ridiculous measure that the Democrats are trying to inject into this bill…money for the JFK Center for the Performing Arts.
WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH CORONAVIRUS?
Democrats believe #coronavirus can be cured by providing $35 million in funding to the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts. pic.twitter.com/i26vSzhiYU
— toddstarnes (@toddstarnes) March 24, 2020
They could try and make the argument that like any business it needs to be taken care of, but we’re not mentioning every business are we? There’s a purpose to specifically mentioning this the way they did. They’re wanting an additional $35 million on top of what they’re already getting. This is unnecessary right now.
San Diego Union-Tribune | The Daily Wire