Top 7 of the Most Wasteful Way the Government is Spending Your Tax Dollars
Our government wastes so much money each year it is unreal. Most of us never hear about where the money goes, but thankfully we have some good men like Sen. Rand Paul who releases a yearly report containing some of the wasteful spending.
Rand Paul tweeted, “Once again, The Waste Report takes a closer look at just some of what the federal government is doing with the American people’s hard-earned money,” upon releasing the Waste Report.
I’ve rounded the numbers for easier reading.
1. $700,000+ was spent on getting zebrafish addicted to nicotine. What’s ever more wasteful is that this wasn’t even in America, this was done in the U.K. Why are we sending our tax dollars over to another country so they can get fish addicted to nicotine?
2. $84,000 on a statue for the U.S. embassy in Mozambique. Why do we need a statue there to begin with? But more importantly, why an $84,000 statue?
3. $22,000,000 to bring Serbian cheese up to international standards. Really? Once again, why is it American tax dollars that are required to make this happen in another country?
4. 153,000,000 spent on the failing Washington metro. It’s a disaster and if you’ve been there, then you know what I mean.
5. $40,000,000 was spent on textbooks for students in Afghanistan. Why can’t we just stop getting in everyone else’s business and just take care of ourselves?
6. $22,000,000 was spent on improving the quality of education in Egypt. Same as above…why our tax dollars?
7. $5,000,000 was spent on studying the connection between drinking alcohol and ending up in the ER. I could have done that study for you for $500 and told you what the result of the study would be also. Why is this even something that we need to study in the first place? Is it just so we have the numbers? Why not look at hospital records?