Woman Tries Shutting Down Restaurant After Citing “Racism” Against Her
When you look for racism, you find racism…even if it isn’t racism.
Such is the case with a woman in Washington D.C. as she visited an establisment and was asked to leave after an hour and a half. The woman, Kristi Riggs, who is a black woman, says that she was forced to leave so some white women can have their table and is alleging that it was racist for the server and the manager to pressure her to get up from her table and leave after 90 minutes.
This is so far from the truth that it is just mind-blowing.
This has nothing to do with racism and has everything to do with compliance with the city’s pandemic policy and guidelines for having their restaurant open for indoor dining. If the lady wants someone to blame into accused of being racist then she needs to look at the Democrat Mayor Muriel bowser because she’s the one who instituted these stupid regulations.
“I was Rosa Parks at Martin’s Tavern in Georgetown,” Riggs told the outlet. “I was made to get up and leave the restaurant so that two White women could have my table.”
She wants justice and she has since come up with a list of demands.
- Fire the two employees involved in the incident;
- Close the tavern for 1 to 2 days to provide mandatory sensitivity and diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all ownership, management, and staff from a preferred list of Riggs’ suggestions;
- Create ongoing accounts or business relationships with at least three Black-owned vendors who are food/beverage suppliers, maintenance service providers, restaurant suppliers, or marketers;
- Provide regular management training and job placement for Howard University students enrolled in the school’s hospitality program; and
- Make an annual contribution of at least $2,500 to the United Negro College Fund in Riggs’ name.
This is a grievance that I have with some people. They want to default to any unfavorable circumstance against them as being racist.