UPDATE: Diner Owner Who Refused to Serve Biden Supporters Reaping the Fruits of Her Labor…In a Good Way!
Last week we reported on a story coming out of Florida in which the owner of a diner decided to no longer server people who voted for Joe Biden in the November election.
Here’s a recap in case you missed it:
According to the New York Post,
The owner of a Florida diner is telling President Biden supporters they’re personae non grata in the wake of the suicide bombing that killed 13 US service members in Afghanistan.
A sign posted in the window of the DeBary Diner flatly tells would-be customers to turn around if they back Biden and his administration following Thursday’s attack by ISIS-K at the Kabul airport, WOFL reported.
“If you voted for and continue to support and stand behind the worthless, inept and corrupt administration currently inhabiting the White House that is complicit in the death of our servicemen and women in Afghanistan, please take your business elsewhere,” the blunt notice reads.
Angie Ugarte, who has owned the diner for five years, said she posted the sign Thursday after the suicide bombing that also killed nearly 200 Afghans. She intends to keep it up as long as Americans are stranded in Afghanistan, WOFL reported.
The sign read:
“If you voted for and continue to support and stand behind the worthless, inept and corrupt administration currently inhabiting the White House that is complicit in the death of our servicemen and women in Afghanistan, please take your business elsewhere,”
— New York Post (@nypost) August 31, 2021
I mentioned that I am in favor of this. I would support the decision if things were flipped the other way and a restaurant decided not to serve people who voted for President Trump. The reason I would support it is because I believe whole-heartedly that business has the right to refuse service to whomever they choose, right or wrong, good or bad.
They may end up going out of business for it, but that’s their choice and they should be free to make stupid decisions about their own business.
But we’re already seeing the results of this diner owners decision no to serve Bidenites. They got so much business after doing this that they actually ran out of food!
The DeBary Diner posted a message on Wednesday saying they will be closed on Thursday since they have “literally run out of food.”
“Thank you all for the overwhelming support we have received and we apologize for not being able to get back to all of you,” said a message on the DeBary Diner’s Facebook page. “We will be closed tomorrow, Thursday, to give us an opportunity to get our kitchen ready for the weekend. We have literally run out of food. Thank you and we appreciate your understanding.”
Debary Diner owner tells @fox35orlando she's received thousands of emails of support and had to shut down yesterday as they ran out of food. She's also received death threats after criticizing the administration over the deaths in Afghanistan. https://t.co/5oSnMwxAe0
— Ryan Elijah FOX 35 (@ryanelijah) September 3, 2021
Fox 35 Orlando