Minneapolis Police Department Tells Residents to Cooperate with Criminals, ‘Do as They Say – Give Up Your Wallet, Purse and Cell Phone’
Minneapolis City Government is essentially giving up on fighting crime.
Over the weekend, they acknowledged the fact that robberies and carjacking have skyrocketed in the city. So rather than cracking down on the crime, they’re telling citizens to just give up.
The Minneapolis Police Department has issued a series of tips for residents to limit their risk of robbery:
- Do not walk alone
- Be hyper-aware of your surroundings at all times – pay attention!
- Carry only items you need, and carry less cash
- Be prepared to give up your cell phone and purse/wallet
- Have keys already in your hand as you approach your car
- Despite all our efforts, robberies may still occur! Do not argue or fight with the criminal Do as they say. Your safety is most important!
- Be a good witness. When you call 911, be prepared to answer many questions. How many suspects? Age, height, complexion, hair and eye color? Scars or tattoos? Weapon- what did it look like? What direction did they leave in? Vehicle description?
Keep in mind that this email comes after the Minneapolis City Council voted in favor of taking action to defunding the police department. You can’t just get rid of important things like the police without having a plan of action ready to take place, yet that’s what they’re doing.
The email also lists suggestions for avoiding a carjacking, such as “never leave anything of value in your car,” and “never leave your car running unattended,” since many whose cars have been stolen were dropping off food or other deliveries.
President Donald Trump blamed the chaos in Minneapolis at the time on “a total lack of leadership,” and accused the rioters of being thugs who “are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd[.]” Twitter censored the tweet for allegedly violating “the Twitter rules about glorifying violence.”
….These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 29, 2020
The Daily Wire