Leaked Notes from White House Reveal Problematic Detail About Afghanistan Disaster
We all know what a disaster the Afghanistan pull-out was and how Joe Biden’s ineptitude led to unnecessary deaths.
Now we’re getting some new information about just how bad it was
The notes reveal some details about what was going on in Afghanistan and just how unprepared Joe Biden was in this disaster.
NEW: Leaked notes from a White House Situation Room meeting the day before Kabul fell shed new light on just how unprepared the Biden administration was for the mass evacuation from Afghanistan. w @HansNichols https://t.co/pyVASG4ZPf
— Jonathan Swan (@jonathanvswan) February 2, 2022
According to Axios,
Hours before the Taliban seized control of Afghanistan’s capital on Aug. 15, 2021, senior Biden administration officials were still discussing and assigning basic actions involved in a mass civilian evacuation.
- Outsiders were frustrated and suspicious the administration was having plenty of meetings but was stuck in bureaucratic inertia and lacked urgency until the last minute.
- While the word “immediately” peppers the document, it’s clear officials were still scrambling to finalize their plans — on the afternoon of Aug. 14.
- For example, they’d just decided they needed to notify local Afghan staff “to begin to register their interest in relocation to the United States,” the document says.
- And they were still determining which countries could serve as transit points for evacuees.
- The document regarded “Relocations out of Afghanistan,” and the meeting was held from 3:30-4:30pm on the afternoon of Aug. 14, Washington time.
- At that moment, Taliban fighters were descending upon Kabul.
- The meeting was chaired by National Security Council official Liz Sherwood-Randall and included senior officials across multiple agencies, including Gen. John Hyten, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
- Between the lines: The meeting notes highlight how many crucial actions the Biden administration was deciding at the last minute — just hours before Kabul would fall and former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani would flee his palace in a helicopter. Action items decided in meeting included:
- “State will work to identify as many countries as possible to serve as transit points. Transit points need to be able to accommodate U.S. citizens, Afghan nationals, third country nationals, and other evacuees. (Action: State, immediately)”
- “Embassy Kabul will notify LES [locally employed staff] to begin to register their interest in relocation to the United States and begin to prepare immediately for departure… (Action: Embassy Kabul, immediately)”
So one thing we know is that the Biden administration was not prepared for this at all and we knew that long before this happened because he even said that he didn’t expect the Taliban to take control. He later tried to back his way out of that corner and pretend like he knew it was possible, but that’s not true.
Afghanistan was a colossal waste of 20 years, American lives, and billions of tax dollars. Now, we are worse off than we were 20 years ago thanks to the Biden regime’s weakness.