Jen Psaki Gets Fact Checked on Her Blame Shifting Rhetoric of GOP Wanting to Defund the Police
Recently, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki made the remark that it was Republicans who were pushing to defund the police.
We all know that’s a lie from the pit of hell and one of the most deceptive things that I’ve ever heard come out of a press secretary’s mouth.
Fortunately, she was called out and challenged on it as one reporter asked her to name a Republican who called for defunding the police. Of course, she couldn’t because that never happened.
We know that Democrats built their platform around defunding the police prior to Biden’s “election” into office, especially from the radical left like AOC, Rashida Tlaib, Ilhan Omar, and others.
If it were the case that Republicans were on board as well, where is the bill or the team effort to do so from AOC and the Republicans? There is none because it’s a lie! In fact, the whole defund the police thing may be why Republicans picked up 12 seats in the House of Representatives last year.
Now, this idea was even fact-checked by the Washington Post and they gave this notion 3 Pinocchios, meaning it was a serious lie.
The Washington Post reported,
“Although Republicans all opposed Biden’s coronavirus relief package, no one voted to cut, or defund, anything. That was voted into law by Democrats just a couple of months ago. Some might say that the other party was for defunding the police; I’ll let others say that, but that’s a piece.”
However, let me remind you of some of the times Democrats called for this anti-police rhetoric:
- Joe Biden wanted to reallocate police resources to other areas.
- Kamala Harris wanted to “reimagine public safety” while celebrating the defunding of police in Los Angeles.
- Biden’s Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke wrote a piece for Newsweek in which she proclaimed her support of defunding the police.
- Maxine Waters told rioters to get more confrontational with police, as if fighting them wasn’t bad enough.
- Cori Bush and Ilhan Omar both called for defunding the police.
I mean the list could go on and on.
The fact of the matter is that conservatives are pro-police and we know the dangers of defunding them, we’ve seen it in action already and it doesn’t work, that’s why bimbos like Psaki are trying to shift the blame to Republicans.