Guess Who Plans To Live Tweet During Democratic Debates? It’s Going To Be Good…
With the first Democratic debates coming up next week, we have a lot to look forward to.
Of course, we can look forward to the candidates making themselves and each other look completely ridiculous, but there’s something else special this year.
President Trump said that he’s going to live tweet the debates!
According to the Wall Street Journal,
Mr. Trump, even from a remove, always promised to be the most important figure at the debate. Regardless of the specific debate questions, many Democratic voters will be listening for how each candidate plans to take down Mr. Trump.
Interacting in real time on Twitter would make Mr. Trump’s presence more tangible by directly inserting himself into the political conversation unfolding on stage. His posts could provide instant responses as well as insights into which attacks he feels most acutely.
This is definitely going to be a very entertaining year in politics.
Here are the candidates appearing over the two nights.
- Cory Booker, senator from New Jersey
- Julián Castro, former housing secretary
- Bill de Blasio, mayor of New York
- John Delaney, former representative from Maryland
- Tulsi Gabbard, representative from Hawaii
- Jay Inslee, governor of Washington
- Amy Klobuchar, senator from Minnesota
- Beto O’Rourke, former representative from Texas
- Tim Ryan, representative from Ohio
- Elizabeth Warren, senator from Massachusetts
- Michael Bennet, senator from Colorado
- Joseph R. Biden Jr., former vice president
- Pete Buttigieg, mayor of South Bend, Ind.
- Kirsten Gillibrand, senator from New York
- Kamala Harris, senator from California
- John Hickenlooper, former governor of Colorado
- Bernie Sanders, senator from Vermont
- Eric Swalwell, representative from California
- Marianne Williamson, self-help author
- Andrew Yang, former tech executive
It’s too bad that the moderators for the debate are Lester Holt, Savannah Guthrie, Chuck Todd, Jose Diaz-Balart, and Rachel Maddow, because you know that all they’re going to do is throw a bunch of softball questions at the candidates.