Democrats Dig Heels In – No Plan As Government Shutdown Is Only Days Away
With recent disagreement between both sides of the aisle on protecting our countries borders, the government shutdown is fast approaching.
President Trump is requesting $5 Billion for a border wall between the U.S. and Mexico, but the Democrats are only willing to provide $1.3 Billion.
Fox News reports,
President Trump and congressional Democrats remain sharply at odds over a spending package as Washington barrels toward a Friday at midnight deadline, leaving some on Capitol Hill increasingly worried that a Christmas government shutdown is in the making.
“I know of no plan,” Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn, R-Texas, said as he emerged from a leadership meeting late Monday, despite rumors and speculation of a possible way out of the legislative logjam.
It seems like there is a real impasse at this moment in securing funds for the wall.
President Trump posted on Twitter Tuesday saying, “Illegal immigration costs the United States more than 200 Billion Dollars a year. How was this allowed to happen?”
I understand and don’t understand at the same time why Democrats are so against this happening.
First, I know why they want illegal immigrants to come into the country. It’s because the Democrats want them to vote and get lots of free goodies and treats. If they can do that for them, of course they’ll vote for them and the Democrats will remain in power forever.
But on the other side of things, we’re talking about a difference of $3.4 Billion. Do they not think we will save 10X that amount after securing the border?
So with that, Friday is the deadline. Will the government shut down or not?
Let me ask you this as well: does it even matter?
75% of the government is already funded, we’re only talking the other 25% and the shutdown doesn’t even effect much. Essential workers still work. The postal service still runs.
Mark Levin had the following to say on his show Monday regarding the shutdown,
“So, this government shutdown business: ‘Will the government shut down, or not? Friday night, midnight! Will the government shut down, or not?’
“They don’t even tell you – what does that mean, ‘the government shut down’? First of all, that phrase is a lie; the government doesn’t shut down. You’ll be long dead – your children and your grandchildren too – before this government shuts down, unless it shuts down from a financial and economic collapse. But, legally? No.
“‘Seventy-five percent of the government[’s] already been funded’ – are you aware of this? – as they point out at CNSNews.com.
“He signed a minibus appropriations bill – the president did – ‘that funded the Department of Energy; Military Construction [and] Veterans Affairs; [and] the … Legislative Branch for the entirety of fiscal .’
“That doesn’t end until September 2019, the 30th.
So don’t worry about the government shutdown. If it happens, it normally doesn’t happen for long and you probably won’t notice any difference unless you’re a non-essential employee of the government who won’t get paid right away, but you will get you pay reimbursed to you later.