20 Major Accomplishments Since President Trump Took Office
President Trump has done more for the United States in his first 2 years in office than any other president in history.
Here is a list of 20 of his great accomplishments so far. This is by no means an exhaustive list. I believe if I were to write out all his accomplishments in this article, it would take all day.
1. Due to President Trump’s pro-growth policies, real gross domestic product (GDP) growth exceeded 3 percent over the last four quarters
2. More than 5 million jobs have been created since President Trump’s election and the unemployment rate remains below 4 percent.
3. The unemployment rate for African Americans in May fell to 5.9 percent, which is the lowest rate on record.
4. Since the election, 4.6 million Americans have been lifted off of food stamps.
5. More than 6 million workers received tax cut bonuses and benefits.
6. The President signed legislation that reauthorized the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act, making more than $1 billion available for career education programs.
7. The women’s unemployment rate recently reached its lowest rate in 65 years.
8. President Trump signed legislation to roll back burdensome Dodd-Frank regulations that harmed community banks.
9. President Trump negotiated a new trade agreement between the United States, Canada, and Mexico to replace the disastrous and outdated North American Free Trade Agreement.
10. President Trump held an historic summit with Chairman Kim Jong-Un, bringing beginnings of peace and denuclearization to the Korean Peninsula.
11. President Trump secured a record $73.1 billion in funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to provide quality medical care for our veterans.
12. Each quarter since taking office, President Trump has donated his salary, fulfilling a promise he made to the American people.
13. The President implemented a five-year ban on lobbying for White House employees and a lifetime ban on lobbying for foreign countries.
14. In a historic show of transparency and accountability, the Trump Administration completed the Department of Defense’s first ever audit.
15. Last year, programs at the VA and the Department of Housing and Urban Development helped more than 51,000 veterans find permanent housing and access supportive services.
16. President Trump signed the Veterans Affairs Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act, making it easier to fire failing employees and protect whistleblowers.
17. President Trump convinced the Alliance to strengthen counterterrorism activities, and NATO formally joined the coalition to defeat ISIS.
18. President Trump has imposed tough sanctions on the corrupt regimes in Venezuela, Cuba, and Nicaragua.
19. ISIS’ territorial caliphate has been defeated and President Trump has announced that he is bringing America’s troops in Syria home.
20. President Trump ended the devastating defense cuts of the past Administration and has secured historic investments to rebuild our military.